- Neys are 20mm-23mm thick,
- 100% tuned to 440HZ
- Mouthpiece (Turkish: Bashpare) is made of premium quality ‘Derlin’
- Comes with a Luxury leather-like hard case. It’s Beautiful and practical for carrying around.
** Back hole is by default on the left. If you need it centered or on the right, leave us a note in the checkout **
These neys are made by Huseyin, a ney master from Turkey. Huseyin harvests the canes himself to make sure only the highest grade canes are used. The canes are ‘Hatai’ near the border with Syria, as in this area grow the best canes. Every ney is checked and tested by a neyzen (professional ney player) for full playability in both high and low registers.
Keep in mind:
- Most players in Turkey and around the world are playing with the left hand on the top. By default we are sending all our neys with a back hole located on the left side. If you need a ney with the hole on the right side, please contact us before ordering.
- The scale is named after the second hole, when 5 fingers are close
Choosing a key:
- For Turkish music: B (kiz) or D (sipurde)
- For Arabic music: D (sipurde)
- For Persian music: C (yildiz)
Master Huseyin collects himself the reeds for his neys. It all begins with choosing the good cane with the right proportions, age, color and more. It is said that only 1 out of 1,000 canes is good for Turkish ney.
Ney length and measurements:
D – Re Sipürde -> 580-600 mm
C – Do Yildiz -> 645-665 mm
B – Si Kiz -> 685-715 mm
A – La Mansur -> 770-810 mm